Learning lessons from Shahrukh Khan episode, Bollywood star Salman Khan has cancelled his upcoming trip to New York to promote his latest movie "Wanted", besides participating in the auction of his personal paintings to raise funds for his charity.
Organisers and promoters associated with the event cited Shahrukh Khan's episode at Newark Airport early this month, where he was questioned by immigration officials and taken for a second screening, as a major reason for Salman to cancel his New York trip scheduled in early September.
The event was scheduled for September 3 in New York.
The promoters were also in talks with local organisers in cities like Chicago, Houston and Dallas for his other events.
"However, after the Shahrukh Khan event, Salman informed us that he would not like to take the risk of coming to the US at this point," an informed source involved with the planning and organising the September 3 event told PTI.
It is understood that Salman's decision was also propelled by what his aid alleged "the hard time" being given by the US Consulate in Mumbai in approving the visa of his close associates, including one of his family members, whom Salman wanted to bring along with on this promotional trip.
From Our Network
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special
- SRK’s ‘Fan’ disappoints at box office, ‘Jungle Book’ continues dream run
- Salman Khan hates being linked to Aishwarya Rai starrer ‘Sarabjit’
- No easy road: Aamir Khan faces difficulties in buying ancestral home for mother
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- Kapil Sharma vs Bajirao Mastani: Who won the battle of TRP’s last Saturday?
- Best Boyfriend Ever: Virat Kohli is making special plans to amaze Anushka on her birthday!
- Decoded: How Anant Ambani lost 108 kg in 18 months (Watch Video)
- US: Drunk Indian-origin lady doctor fired after video of her attacking Uber driver goes viral
- This never seen pic of Hrithik and Kangana is proof that Duggu had relations with Queen