Kandahar: Residents of Afghanistan's main southern city of Kandahar began clearing up on Sunday morning after a series of blasts killed at least two civilians and wounded several others on Saturday.
NATO and Afghan troops were deployed to seal off the attack sites on Sunday as residents sifted through the damage.
In one attack, a motorised rickshaw carrying explosives detonated behind police headquarters in the centre of the city, according to a spokesman for the governor of Kandahar province.One bystander was killed and three others wounded, the spokesman said.
On the eastern side of the city, insurgents attacked an oil tanker with gunfire, causing it to explode.One civilian was killed and at least two others were wounded.
A rocket fired by militants slammed into a prison compound in the city's west, police said, while another explosion went off in the city's business district, also in the west.
In a statement on Sunday, NATO said that one of its service members has been killed by a bomb blast in southern Afghanistan.
NATO declined to provide further details, in keeping with a policy of waiting for national authorities to release such information.
At least 44 NATO service members have been killed so far this month in Afghanistan - many in the south where a recent surge of US troops has increased fighting.AP