Coronavirus Outbreak Updates:
At the end of the day, the total number of coronavirus cases in India stood at 468, with nine deaths reported across the country.
The total number of coronavirus positive cases in Maharashtra has risen to 97, the state health ministry said on Monday.
A group of Indian students studying in Kazakhstan say they are stuck due to the suspension of international flights bound towards India. The stranded students say that they had booked their tickets which got canceled, following which they spent four days at the airport. After four days, the students say they were asked to leave the airport by the authorities. Most of them are now putting up in rented rooms nearby as their hostels are located far away from the airport. They are now demanding that the Indian authorities bring them back. (reported by Manzoor Mir)
Prime Minister Narendra Modi today interacted with industry representatives via video conference from ASSOCHAM, FICCI, CII and several local chambers from eighteen cities across the country. Prime Minister said that while the government was working on giving fillip to the pace of growth in the country, an unforeseen hurdle in the form of COVID-19 came in front of the economy. He said that the challenge posed by the pandemic is graver than even that posed by the World Wars and we need to be on constant vigil to prevent its spread.
The number of coronavirus cases in India has risen to 433, according to the latest update from the Union Health Ministry. The active cases stand at 402, as per government data.
All doctors and medical staff in Bihar will get an amount equivalent to their one month of basic pay as encouragement: Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
- Assam announced state-wide lockdown from tomorrow 6 p.m. till March 31 amid coronavirus outbreak.
- Maharashtra has announced statewide curfew amid the ongoing coronavirus crisis. The announcement was made by Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray who said he was "compelled" to impose a curfew throughout the state
- The government has banned all domestic flight operations within India. The ban will be effective from Tuesday midnight (March 24).
- A 55-year-old man who had returned from Italy recently has passed away at a hospital in Kolkata. The man had tested positive for novel coronavirus. It is West Bengal's first case of death due to the deadly virus and eighth in India.
- A complete lockdown has been announced in 19 states and union territories. Some parts of 6 states and union territories have been kept under lockdown, says Lav Agarwal, Joint Secretary, Health Ministry
- Iran reports 127 new coronavirus deaths, raising toll to 1,812, AFP news agency reported.
- The National Task Force COVID19 constituted by ICMR recommends the use of hydroxy-chloroquine for prophylaxis of COVID19 for high-risk cases
- Seeing the coronavirus pandemic, an advisory has been issued by the Ministry of Labour & Employment to all the employers of Public/Private establishments to not cut salaries or resort to layoffs of their employees: Ministry of Labour & Employment
- The National Task Force for COVID19 constituted by the Indian Council of Medical Research recommends the use of hydroxychloroquine for treatment of COVID19 for high-risk cases.
- Lok Sabha was adjourned sine die on Monday, nearly two weeks ahead of schedule in view of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Puducherry: Curfew is being imposed in the entire union territory of Puducherry from 9 PM on Monday till March 31 to contain the spread of coronavirus, Chief Minister V Narayanasamy announced.
- Sri Lanka says will soon announce our contribution to SAARC COVID-19 Emergency Fund
- Punjab CM directs provision of free food, shelter and medicines to those in need, sanctions Rs 20 crores from CM Relief Fund for this purpose
- Delhi Metro promotes social distancing amid coronavirus pandemic
- West Bengal: Entry to Sealdah railway station closed as Indian Railways has cancelled all passengers trains till March 31
West Bengal: Entry to Sealdah railway station closed as Indian Railways has cancelled all passengers trains till March 31, amid rising Coronavirus cases in the country pic.twitter.com/sF1HLWoCND— ANI (@ANI) March 23, 2020
- Total number of positive cases of Coronavirus in Chandigarh now stands at 7. All 7 patients are in stable condition
- Government of India asks states to strictly enforce lockdown, legal action will be taken against violators
- Total number of positive Coronavirus cases in the country is 415: Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR)
- The chief medical officer (CMO), Lucknow, Dr Narendra Agarwal, has admitted to lapses in the report, based on which a case was filed against Bollywood singer Kanika Kapoor
- China reports no domestic coronavirus cases amid rise in imported infections
- Class 12 Meghalaya board exams postponed
- Number of COVID-19 cases rises to 390 in India; active cases 359: Health Ministry
- Anti-CAA protest in Lucknow suspended amid coronavirus scare
- The total number of positive Coronavirus cases in Maharashtra rises to 89
- Kanpur: A large crowd seen at vegetable markets despite lockdown in the city till 25th March
Kanpur: A large crowd seen at vegetable markets despite lockdown in the city till 25th March; A buyer says,"Vegetables are a part of essential food items, but the prices of vegetables have increased significantly probably because supply has got affected due to lockdown." #COVID19 pic.twitter.com/n66b1ijPm7— ANI UP (@ANINewsUP) March 23, 2020
- Kerala: Ernakulam Medical College in Kalamassery has been transformed into a COVID-19 treatment center. Now onwards, only the Emergency, OPD and dialysis unit will work. Women and children undergoing treatment at the College to be shifted to a govt health center
- Delhi: Case filed against man who allegedly spat on a woman belonging to Manipur and called her "Corona" in Vijay Nagar area
- Maharashtra: Deserted Nagpur Railway Station as all passenger trains have been cancelled till March 31 by Indian Railways
- Shiv Sena MPs will not take part in proceedings of Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, due to Coronavirus
- 68-year-old Philippines citizen, initially tested positive for COVD-19 but subsequently became negative, dies in Mumbai
- Government of Punjab orders all IAS officers and Punjab cadre to contribute a day's salary to Chief Minister Relief Fund. The directive has been issued to help those whose livelihood is affected as a result of lockdown to curb the spread of coronavirus
- 28 positive cases of coronavirus in Rajasthan so far
- Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu has called a meeting of various party leaders, later today for stock-taking of the situation and duration of the House session
- Pentagon reports first military-related death from coronavirus
- New Zealand to go into lockdown in two days
- A 15-day lockdown has been imposed in Pakistan's Sindh province which has reported the maximum number of coronavirus cases in the country
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan rules out nationwide lockdown, appeals for self-quarantine
- Andhra reports the first case of local Covid-19 transmission
- Syria confirms first COVID-19 case
- Over 400 die of coronavirus in US, confirmed infections jump to nearly 34,000
- Australian Olympic officials say it is clear that the Tokyo Games could not go ahead as scheduled and told its athletes to instead prepare for the event in 2021
- West Bengal: Indian Railways has cancelled all passenger trains till 31st March in view of coronavirus
- 40,000 ventilators for 1.3 billion people remains a worry in India
- Hyundai Motor India to suspend production at its Chennai plant from Monday
- Curfew to remain imposed in Pune, Maharashtra till March 31. All establishments excluding emergency services and essentials to remain closed in the city during this period. Any offender shall be punished under section 188 of the Indian Penal Code
- Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan says cannot impose lockdown in Pakistan with 25% population living on daily wages
- US President Donald Trump upset with China, says, "I'm a little upset with China. As much as I like President Xi and respect the country, I admire what they have done in a short period of time. I asked if we could send some people to help them, they didn't want it, at a pride. They didn't respond."
- More than 100 coronavirus deaths in the United States in 24 hours
- Gujarat: Amdavad Municipal Corporation sprayed disinfectants in various parts of Ahmedabad
Gujarat: Amdavad Municipal Corporation sprayed disinfectants in various parts of Ahmedabad as a precautionary measure to contain the spread of #Coronavirus. Visuals from a bus stop in the city.(22.03.2020) pic.twitter.com/hovJUHOEVZ— ANI (@ANI) March 23, 2020
- Ireland reports 4th death as COVID-19 cases top 900
- The coronavirus epidemic continued to spread in locked-down Italy on Sunday with total cumulative number of infected cases reaching 59,138 and deaths reaching 5,476