1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. India News
  4. Gujarat: Wedding 'pandal' worth Rs. 2 crore gutted in fire, no loss of life reported

Gujarat: Wedding 'pandal' worth Rs. 2 crore gutted in fire, no loss of life reported

The fire is reported to have been caused due to a short-circuit. All the people present in the pandal escaped unhurt.

India TV News Desk India TV News Desk
Surat Updated on: January 27, 2019 8:02 IST
A wedding pandal in surat got gutted in fire.

A wedding pandal in surat got gutted in fire.

A wedding pandal in Gujarat's Surat was gutted in fire on Saturday, causing damage to the tune of Rs. 2 crore.

The fire is reported to have been caused due to a short-circuit. All the people present in the pandal escaped unhurt.

Fire tenders were immediately rushed to the spot to douse the rising flames.

The incident took place two hours before 'Baarat' was expected to arrive at the venue for the marriage.

The pandal was made of thermocol, synthetic fire and plastic, causing fire to spread quickly, said police.

Watch Video:

Write a comment