The out-of-form Sehwag was replaced by Cheteshwar Pujara—who stands to make his debut—but surprisingly Rohit Sharma managed to retain his place in the team.
Sehwag was also dropped from the third and final ODI against Pakistan here Sunday. Two selectors, Vikram Rathour and Saba Karim, were seen having a chat with Sehwag on the eve of the match at the Ferozeshah Kotla here Saturday.
The Sandip Patil-led selection committee met here Sunday and announced the team immediately after the ODI that India won in a thrilling fashion by 10 runs.
Pacers Shami Ahmed, who made a good debut here finishing with figures 1/23, and the impressive Bhuvneshwar Kumar also found a place in the side.
The five-match ODI series will be played at Rajkot (Jan 11), Kochi (Jan 15), Ranchi (Jan 19), Mohali (Jan 23) and Dharamsala (Jan 27).
The squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni © (WK), Gautam Gambhir, Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara, Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Yuvraj Singh, Suresh Raina, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Amit Mishra, Ishant Sharma, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Ashok Dinda and Shami Ahmed.
From Our Network
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query
- Here’s how Shilpa Shetty lost 21 kgs in just 3 months after pregnancy
- Flipkart Big Shopping Days: 10 deals you should not miss