BCCI announced its latest Annual Contract list and Bhuvneshwar Kumar was the biggest name missing from it. The fast bowler last played an international game for India against New Zealand at Napier on November 22, 2022.
He hasn't appeared in blue colors after that. Apart from Kumar, there are several big names likes Ajinky Rahane and Ishant Sharma, who missed out on the contracts. Here is the list of players who missed out on BCCI's Annual Contract List of 2022/23.
- Ajinkya Rahane
- Wriddhiman Saha
- Hanuma Vihari
- Mayank Agarwal
- Ishant Sharma
- Bhuvneshawar Kumar
- Deepak Chahar
"The Board of Control for Cricket in India on Sunday announced the Annual Player Contracts for Team India (Senior Men) for the 2022-23 season," the Indian Board wrote in a statement. The list featured 26 players and they were divided into four grades- Grade A+, A, B and C.
Here is list of players who got in first time
- Sanju Samson
- Deepak Hooda
- Arshdeep Singh
- KS Bharat
BCCI Annual Contract List - 2022/23
- Grade A+: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah, Ravindra Jadeja
- Grade A: Hardik Pandya, Ravichandran Ashwin, Mohammad Shami, Rishabh Pant, Axar Patel
- Grade B: Cheteshwar Pujara, KL Rahul, Shreyas Iyer, Mohammed Siraj, Suryakumar Yadav, Shubman Gill
- Grade C: Umesh Yadav, Shikhar Dhawan, Shardul Thakur, Ishan Kishan, Deepak Hooda, Yuzvendra Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Sanju Samson, Washington Sundar, Arshdeep Singh, KS Bharat
BCCI Annual Contract List - 2021/22
- Grade A+: Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Jasprit Bumrah.
- Grade A: Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, KL Rahul, Mohammed Shami and Rishabh Pant.
- Grade B: Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Axar Patel, Shardul Thakur, Shreyas Iyer, Mohammed Siraj, and Ishant Sharma.
- Grade C: Shikhar Dhawan, Umesh Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Shubman Gill, Hanuma Vihari, Yuzvendra Chahal, Suryakumar Yadav, Wriddhiman Saha, Mayank Agarwal, and Deepak Chahar.
To know the detailed report regarding the contract list. Click here.