Party spokesman Rashid Alvi said Congress has already clarified that it was its firm belief that terrorism does not belong to any religion.
“Terrorism is just terrorism,” he said, adding Shinde himself too has clarified the matter. He said that inspite of this, if BJP is planning such protest action it is “unfortunate”. “They should not politicise. This issue is sensitive. Terrorism is the cancer facing the country and entire nation should be one in facing it,” he said.
BJP took the decision in its first Core Group meeting after Rajnath Singh took over as party President on January 23.
From Our Network
- Cong knew where the Ganga was going: Parrikar on kickbacks in Agusta deal
- B'day Special: 10 facts to know about great Tamil icon C.N. Annadurai
- India does not support any one political group in Nepal: Ambassador Ranjit Rae
- PM Modi to visit Iran this month, aims to bolster bilateral ties
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- The Kapil Sharma Show Vs Colors: Humour wins over historical saga of Bajirao-Mastani; features among Top 5 shows
- My name is Malaika Arora and I am not a ‘KHAN’: Arbaaz’s wife keen on dropping her surname
- Shilpa Shetty and Raj Kundra celebrate their fifth wedding anniversary today (view pics)
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu
- A tour to professional tattoo and body piercing studio "Irezumi"