Party spokesman Rashid Alvi said Congress has already clarified that it was its firm belief that terrorism does not belong to any religion.
“Terrorism is just terrorism,” he said, adding Shinde himself too has clarified the matter. He said that inspite of this, if BJP is planning such protest action it is “unfortunate”. “They should not politicise. This issue is sensitive. Terrorism is the cancer facing the country and entire nation should be one in facing it,” he said.
BJP took the decision in its first Core Group meeting after Rajnath Singh took over as party President on January 23.
From Our Network
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Oh No! Shraddha Kapoor gets injured during 'Half Girlfriend' shooting
- India needs Rs 100 lakh cr for infrastructure: Arun Jaitley
- Hot climate is responsible for higher rates of aggression and violence, shows study
- Amancio Ortega, world’s second richest person, lost over Rs 4073 crore over Brexit