The Ambulance to cost Rs 23 lark each would be made available in every sadar hospital and six medical colleges of the state, he said. The Ambulance will be managed by State Health Society in partnership with private party.
The Ambulance would have oxygen cylinder and necessary medicines, he said. It would be functional 24X7 across the state through call centres.
The service would be free for BPL (below poverty line) people and in the event of accidents rushing victim to government hospital.
Others have to pay a rental of Rs 12 per km for availing the service, the CM said adding one has to dial at toll free number 1099 for it.
By calling this number mortuary van would also be made available. Such Ambulance would freely transport unclaimed bodies and those of medico-legal cases. For others it would be available on payment.
Principal Secretary Disaster Management Vyasji and his counterpart in Health Deepak Kumar were present on the launch function of advance life support Ambulance.
From Our Network
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- China's most powerful new generation space rocket launches successfully
- Supreme Court to hear plea on banning WhatsApp for security reasons
- Sonia Gandhi tried to declare state of emergency in 2011-12, alleges Subramanian Swamy
- Not so smooth divorce: Britain, EU at odds over timing of exit talks