Leader of the Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jaitley said the Indian media is on trial in this case as no legal action has been initiated against Tejpal "for what amounts to rape under the amended laws".
"The grievance of the citizens' movement after the gangrape of Nirbhaya in Delhi was that sexual assaults are always under reported. Is this what is happening in this case?
Just because the assailant has connections in Congress party, the nation is deprived of the sage advise of P Chidambram, the caustic comments of Kapil Sibal and the exaggerated tweets of Manish Tiwari," Jaitley said.
He took further digs at Tewari who had tweeted against Narendra Modi from Goa during his trip there for the International Film Festival of India yesterday.
Tejpal had allegedly molested the journalist in Goa ten days back.
From Our Network
- Indian banks refusing to recognise full extent of bad loans, says Uday Kotak
- Was advised to retire after Beijing Olympics: Sushil Kumar
- Congratulations! Tusshar Kapoor becomes a ‘single’ father to an adorable baby boy
- iPhone 7 images leaked, show larger camera design
- Pakistan cannot conquer Kashmir through war, says Hina Rabbani Khar