The case was registered at Vasant Vihar police station under section 228-A (punishment for printing or publishing the name or any matter which may make known the identity of any person against whom rape is committed) of Indian Penal Code.
Sources said the case has been registered against the Editor, Publisher, Printer, two correspondents and concerned photographers.
The offence carries a punishment of upto two years imprisonment besides a fine.
The girl was gangraped and brutally assaulted allegedly by six persons in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16. She died in a Singapore hospital.
From Our Network
- Now, Shekhar Suman says Adhyayan never said Kangana did black magic
- Amma's poll manifesto: From Free phones to free gold, it's raining sops in Tamil Nadu
- Good-bye speculations: Salman Khan is finally getting married by end of this year
- Alastair Cook on the verge of breaking Sachin Tendulkar’s 11-year old record!
- Guess who is Ranbir Kapoor’s best friend in B-town now? Kangana Ranaut