The case was registered at Vasant Vihar police station under section 228-A (punishment for printing or publishing the name or any matter which may make known the identity of any person against whom rape is committed) of Indian Penal Code.
Sources said the case has been registered against the Editor, Publisher, Printer, two correspondents and concerned photographers.
The offence carries a punishment of upto two years imprisonment besides a fine.
The girl was gangraped and brutally assaulted allegedly by six persons in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16. She died in a Singapore hospital.
From Our Network
- New mom Dimpy Ganguly gets trolled over her pregnancy, hubby Rohit Roy hits back at haters
- ‘Just wanted to pass, Papa ne to top hi kara diya’, says arrested Bihar 'topper' Ruby Rai
- With coming of driverless cars, security the biggest concern: MIT Study
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- Tragic! 21-year-old hangs herself after finding her obscene pictures posted on Facebook