The case was registered at Vasant Vihar police station under section 228-A (punishment for printing or publishing the name or any matter which may make known the identity of any person against whom rape is committed) of Indian Penal Code.
Sources said the case has been registered against the Editor, Publisher, Printer, two correspondents and concerned photographers.
The offence carries a punishment of upto two years imprisonment besides a fine.
The girl was gangraped and brutally assaulted allegedly by six persons in a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16. She died in a Singapore hospital.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016 final: Sunrisers defeat RCB by 8 runs to claim maiden title win
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- FDI in India: Top 10 investing countries
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Women are responsible for half of misogynistic tweets, study finds