Face bloating can be an embarrassment. Especially when you have a special day ahead of you. But you don’t need to worry. With some simple yet effective tips, you can get rid of puffy face easily.
Geeta Fazalbhoy, Dermatologist and Managing Director and Founder Member - Skin & You Clinic, and Vandana Punjabi, Consultant Dermatologist, Nanavati Super Specialty Hospital, have a few useful tips.
But before that, let's study what's actually giving you a puffy face. These are the triggers that cause facial bloating.
- Too much salt intake or product allergy. Check if you've been having too much salt in your meals or using an entirely new cosmetic brand.
- Hyperthyroidism is another trigger that causes bloated face. Get your thyroid levels checked.
- Have you been drinking too less water and too much caffeine? Dehydration or too much caffeine can also cause puffy face.
- Binge drinking also gives you a bloated face. It dilates the blood vessels which gives you a fluffy face.
- Sodium excess is another culprit that bloats your entire body. Check if you've been binging on too much sodium-rich foods.
With these expert tips, you can easily get rid of puffy face in no time. If you don't see a difference after using the needed home remedies, then consult your doctor immediately.
- A balanced diet high on fruits and vegetables with normal salt consumption, less of pickles or processed packaged food is advised.
- You should also get your thyroid levels checked. Too much facial bloating is a sign of hyperthyroidism.
- Get eight hours of rest and avoid caffeine. Don’t forget to achieve your ‘eight glasses of water’ goal.
- You can also apply a cold towel on the face and eyes to decrease bloating. Apply cold calamine lotion on the face and leave it on for 15 minutes and then wash.
- You can use a natural face mask with fuller's earth or a rose water dipped cold cloth on the face.
- Avoid processed or packed foods and try to be as natural as possible.
(With IANS Inputs)