ANDROID IOS

live tv
  1. You are here:
  2. Home
  3. Business
  4. Australian woman, pregnant, endures awful burns after falling asleep on her iPhone (Pic inside)

Australian woman, pregnant, endures awful burns after falling asleep on her iPhone (Pic inside)

Currently reading: Australian woman, pregnant, endures awful burns after falling asleep on her iPhone (Pic inside)
India TV Tech Desk, Canberra [Published on:16 Nov 2016, 20:13:39]

With news of cell phones exploding and catching fire comes another shocker, this time involving an Apple iPhone. An Australian pregnant lady has claimed to have endured serious blazes on her right arm after falling asleep with her iPhone7.

Melanie Tan Pelaez posted a photo with her smouldered arm on Facebook and cautioned people to keep their cell phones away while dozing.

In the Facebook post, she wrote, "I recently purchased an Apple iPhone7 and accidentally fell asleep with my arm on my phone whilst it was charging. I was woken up by sudden pain, pins and needles, numbness and shortness of breath."

"This is a picture of the result of sleeping with my phone whilst charging. PLEASE be careful..."

"I have been an iPhone user since the beginning and have never had an issue or concern, so it's really scary and disappointing that something like this happened and can happen to someone else."

Doctors told her that she suffered a second-degree burn and instructed her to find the object.

She went back home and realised that her iPhone had to have caused the injury and later the markings on her hands matched the iPhone.

Apple is said to be investigating the matter.

Australian woman, pregnant, endures awful burns after- India Tv
Australian woman, pregnant, endures awful burns after falling asleep on her iPho