- Shiv Sena has demanded disqualification of 12 rebel MLAs amid govt crisis
- Eknath Shinde's name has also been mentioned in the list of 12 rebel MLAs
- Eknath Shinde has responded saying 'whom are you trying to scare'
Maharashtra Political Crisis: As MVA government trouble further deepens, Shiv Sena has asked for the disqualification of 12 rebel MLAs including Eknath Shinde.
Speaking on seeking disqualification of rebel MLAs, Shiv Sena MP Arvind Sawant said, "We've filed a petition before the Deputy Speaker (of the Maharashtra Legislative Assembly) and demanded that the membership of 12 (MLAs) should be cancelled as they didn't attend yesterday's meeting."
"Before the meeting notice was issued in which it was said that if you didn't attend the meeting then legal action will be taken as per the constitution. Some didn't come and some gave unnecessary reasons," Arvind Sawant informed.
Shiv Sena has demanded the disqualification of 12 MLAs including:
- Eknath Shinde (Cabinet Minister) – Kopari Pachpakhadi, Thane
- Tanaji Sawant MLA from Paranda, Osmanabad
- Prakash Surve MLA from Magathane, Mumbai
- Balaji Kinikar MLA from Ambernath, Thane
- Anil Babar MLA from Khanapur, Satara
- Lata Sonawane MLA from Chopda, Jalgaon
- Yamini Jadhav MLA from Byculla, Mumbai
- Sanjay Shirsat MLA from Aurangabad West, Aurangabad
- Bharat Gogavale MLA from Mahad, Raigad
- Sandipan Bhumare - (Cabinet Minister) - MLA from Paithan, Aurangabad
- Abdul Sattar - (Minister of State) - MLA from Sillod, Aurangabad
- Mahesh Shinde - MLA from Koregaon, Satara
Meanwhile, banners and hoardings have emerged at several places in Thane district of Maharashtra in support of Shiv Sena leader Eknath Shinde, who has rebelled against the party, pushing the Sena-led Maha Vikas Aghadi (MVA) government to the brink of collapse.
At some places, there are also banners in support of Sena president and Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray.
Shinde, 58, who is the sitting MLA from Kopri-Pachpakhadi in Thane city, is a key Sena leader in the Thane-Palghar region, which is considered a stronghold of the Sena.
The Sena minister had gone incommunicado on Tuesday morning and later surfaced in a Surat hotel with a bunch of Sena MLAs, plunging the two-and-a-half-year old MVA into a deep political crisis with his act of rebellion against his party's leadership. He is currently camping in Assam's Guwahati with a group of Sena MLAs and independent legislators.
In the wake of Shinde's revolt, a section of Sena workers have put up hoardings and banners in different places in the district, including Thane city, Kalyan and Dombivali, to show their solidarity with their leader.