Union Human Resources and Development (HRD) Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank on Tuesday announced the dates for competitive exams including JEE 2020, NEET during a live interaction with students. The Q & A session by the HRD Minsiter went LIVE on Twitter and Facebook where students also asked their queries via his Facebook and Twitter page. Watch education minister RP Nishank's interaction with students here
Education Minister RP Nishank's interaction with students | Key takeaways
- From 1st of July, we will begin the examination process. By August we will begin the session, Education Minister RP Nishank said.
- JEE Main exam will be conducted from July 18, 2020 to July 23, 2020. JEE-Advanced will be held in August, RP Nishank announced.
- Medical entrance exam NEET will be conducted on July 26, 2020.
- UGC has been asked to constitute COVID-19 task force for each universities to address students concerns.
- During the interaction, the education minister boosted confidence of students asking them to utilise this time efficiently.
- Exams that have already taken place will not be conducted again.
- The edication minister said that CBSE will further give an update on the exams status in the coming days.
Due to the lockdown situation in the country amid coronavirus outbreak, several competitive exams including NEET, JEE Main, entrance exams for various courses, higher education, for admissions in colleges, board exams were postponed. Students for a long time have been waiting for the government to come clear on when will these exams will be conducted. Today, in his interaction with the students, education minister RP Nishank announced the dates for JEE Main, JEE Advance and NEET exams.
ALSO READ | Q & A with HRD Minister RP Nishank