Karnal, Feb 8: A teenaged wrestler was seriously injured after he was allegedly pushed out of a moving train by some unidentified passengers following a quarrel near Karnal in Haryana.
Eighteen-year-old Lokesh Kumar, who has won medals in some national tournaments, was pushed out from the train near Karnal while he was travelling to Sonepat, police sources said today, adding the incident occurred on Monday evening on Ambala-Sonepat rail section.
He has suffered multiple injuries in head, arms and legs, and his condition is stated to be serious, they said.
The sources said that Kumar, who is currently enrolled at Sports Authority of India's Chaudhary Devi Lal Stadium in Sonepat's Bahalgarh, had made a brief statement to the Government Railway Police before falling unconscious.
He is currently admitted at a private hospital in Karnal, 130 kms from Chandigarh, and is yet to regain consciousness, the sources said.
Giving details of the incident, the sources said that Kumar had asked for some space to stand in the crowded train after which some students entered into a quarrel with the wrestler.
Kumar is said to have been pushed out of the train by them, the sources said, adding the exact sequence of events will become clear once the victim gives his statement.
In April last year, national-level volleyball player Arunima Sinha alias Sonu, 23, lost her leg after being pushed out of a moving train near Bareilly in Uttar Pradesh.
From Our Network
- Love is in the air: ‘Mastani’ Deepika gives a ‘Befikre’ visit to Ranveer in Paris (see pic)
- Kainchi Dham: The temple Steve Jobs advised Mark Zuckerberg to visit
- Railways rolls back Rs 30 service charge on credit/debit card booking at reservation counters
- Incident not racist, guilty will be punished: EAM tells African students
- Watch: Here’s the incident when Arijit Singh miffed Salman Khan