The body of N Dinesh Chandra, a third-year B Tech student in a private college, was found hanging in his room they said, adding that a death note was also found in the room.
The letter purported to have been written by Dinesh appealed to "Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) chief K Chandrasekhara Rao to achieve the formation of a separate Telangana state without giving bandh calls."
The letter written in Telugu, also contained slogans in support of separate Telangana state like 'Jai Telangana', the police said. It stated that "I am committing suicide which is wrong and others should not do such a mistake," the police said.
The youth reportedly sent text messages to his relatives before resorting to the extreme step this morning, they said.
Dinesh, hails from Achampet mandal of Mahabubnagar district and his father works as an accountant in the Agriculture Marketing Committee there, a senior police officer said.
"We are sending the letter to the Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL) for verifying the handwriting," Assistant Commissioner of Police (L B Nagar Division) J Amarendar Reddy said.
From Our Network
- Know about Ranjit Katyal “ The man who saved 1.7 Lakh Indian in Kuwait
- After Aishwarya, Abhishek Bachchan speaks up on Salman Khan’s Rio controversy
- Akshay Kumar’s special message for wife & daughter will melt your heart!
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- What? Karan Patel cheated on Kamya Punjabi with Pratyusha Banerjee?