Mumbai, Jul 27: Actor-filmmaker Farhan Akhtar has clarified that he has joined the Trinamool Congress Youth wing as a member of their Advisory Board for cultural activities.
“The media had reported that I have joined the Trinamool Congress Youth Wing. The truth is that I have been asked to be a member on an Advisory Board for cultural activities, in my capacity as an actor/filmmaker,” Farhan said on micro-blogging site Twitter.
“This is in my understanding, to be an apolitical Board. I hope this will clear my stand on this decision once and for all,” he said.
The All India Trinamool Yuva Committee is headed by West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee's 24-year-old nephew Abhishek Banerjee.
Farhan alongwith tennis star Leander Paes and Sam Pitroda, who are also members, would guide the youth wing of Trinamool Congress. PTI
From Our Network
- Epic! Kareena Kapoor cracks ‘high-end’ joke on ex-flame Shahid Kapoor
- Hafiz Saeed slams China after President Xi Jingping asks his people to shun Islam
- IPL trophy will go right on top, along with World Cup wins: Yuvraj Singh
- Eye on UP polls: Amit Shah to have meal with dalit family in Varanasi
- Is Bollywood losing its charm? Just one film crossed the Rs 100 cr mark in 2016