Shinde met Manmohan Singh and briefed him about the measures taken by home ministry to ensure safety of women in the national capital.
According to officials, the prime minister told Shinde that he should ensure a sense of security in the capital.
Law and order in Delhi comes under the union home ministry.
From Our Network
- Mute spectators deprived us of chance to see our daughter, says murdered Chennai techie’s father
- Shahid at it again: This gesture of him for wife Mira will make other husbands angry
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- Micromax launches Canvas Unite 4, Unite 4 Pro: Everything you need to know
- BJP reins in Subramanian Swamy; PM lashes out, party cancels two events