Shinde met Manmohan Singh and briefed him about the measures taken by home ministry to ensure safety of women in the national capital.
According to officials, the prime minister told Shinde that he should ensure a sense of security in the capital.
Law and order in Delhi comes under the union home ministry.
From Our Network
- In India, alcohol kills a person every 96 minutes
- Second 'ad-wrapped' Metro train ready to hit tracks in Delhi
- Aha Love! Ash just did Q&A on Twitter and hubby Abhishek had a really important query
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- Sonam Kapoor on Aishwarya’s ‘purple pout’: She wanted to be talked about