Patna, Feb 19 : Amidst speculation that he would join ruling JD(U) in Bihar, television star Shekhar Suman has said that he has already quit Congress.
“I have already resigned from the primary membership of Congress because of my preoccupation in Bollywood. I don't think I have time ... I cannot engage in party works and thus I decided to quit,” Suman told reporters at his ancesstral house here late last evening.
Suman, here to deliver a lecture during a special session on the second day of Gobal Bihar Summit 2012, said he had already informed Congress president Sonia Gandhi and state party chief Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser of his decision.
In reply to a question, Suman, who had unsuccessfully contested Lok Sabha poll against Bollywood colleague Shatrughan Sinha of BJP in 2009, said he was yet to make up his mind on joining any other party to champion the cause of Bihar.
Suman, who did not devote much time to politics and had not campaigned much for Congress nominees during the 2010 assembly polls in the state.
From Our Network
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Deepika Padukone and Priyanka Chopra giving us all reasons to de-dress
- Wondering whether Modi govt deserves 'outstanding' Raghuram Rajan, says P Chidambaram
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- 'Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao' way towards women empowerment: Big B