Mumbai, Mar 16: Bollywood actress Vidya Balan, who took everyone by surprise through her performances in movies like ‘The Dirty Picture' and ‘Kahaani', has proved that she does not need a ‘hero' in her films, to keep the cash registers ringing.
When asked, if she needs a hero in her movies, Vidya says, “For me, there is only one hero of a film and that is--- the script.”
Milan Luthria's ‘The Dirty Picture', in which, Vidya played the role of southern siren Silk Smitha, got her several awards in the best actress category, including a national award.
Even her recently released film ‘Kahaani' is doing well at the box office. Both these films are women-centric and she has proved with her acting skills that she can run the film on her shoulder alone.
Talking about the success of her latest film, Vidya said, “The success of ‘Kahaani' is sweeter than (that of) ‘The Dirty Picture', because, there were no songs, sex, etc in ‘Kahaani' to drive the audience.”
“A woman has to always justify her success...which does not happen for men,” she said.
From Our Network
- Mute spectators deprived us of chance to see our daughter, says murdered Chennai techie’s father
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- Are Kylie Minogue-Joshua Sasse planning to get married next month?
- When bullets were closer I hugged and kissed my wife: Eyewitness' chilling encounter with attackers at Istanbul airport
- CBI files two fresh chargesheets against six in Vyapam cases