Uttar Pradesh: A total of 21 people, including children fell ill after eating 'khichri' at a Bhandara. Officials on Monday informed that the 'khichri' was served at a bhandara in Faijpur Ninana of Uttar Pradesh. The 21 people are being treated for food poisoning at the district hospital. As per an official, their condition is stable.
District Magistrate (DM) Rajkamal Yadav said the incident took place in Faijpur Ninana on Sunday evening. The 21 people are undergoing treatment at the district hospital for food poisoning and their condition is stable, he said.
"To look after the children, two paediatricians are on duty. The children and the adults are safe," the DM said. He said an announcement has been made in the village that if anybody is feeling unwell, then they will be hospitalised.