Friday, June 21, 2024
Advertisement
  1. You Are At:
  2. News
  3. India
  4. UP: Three of family die after daughter-in-law accidentally puts pesticide in tea

UP: Three of family die after daughter-in-law accidentally puts pesticide in tea

UP: The incident took place in Nagla Kanhai village. Ravindra Singh had come to visit his son Shivnandan and other family members to celebrate the festival of 'Bhai Dooj'.

Reported By: IANS Mainpuri Updated on: October 27, 2022 13:20 IST
Uttar Pradesh, UP family dies after drinking tea
Image Source : PIXABAY Three die after consuming tea in UP village

Highlights

  • The deceased man's daughter-in-law prepared tea for all relatives
  • Soon after drinking the tea, the man and his two grandchildren fell unconscious
  • They were taken to the hospital where they were declared dead

Three persons, including two children, died on Thursday, after consuming tea in their house.

The incident took place in Nagla Kanhai village in the Aucha area here.

Ravindra Singh had come to visit his son Shivnandan and other family members to celebrate the festival of 'Bhai Dooj'.

His daughter-in-law prepared tea for all relatives.

Soon after drinking the tea, Ravindra Singh fell unconscious. Minutes later, his two grandchildren, aged six and five years, also fell unconscious.

They were taken to the hospital where they were declared dead. One more person fell ill after consuming the tea and has been admitted to the hospital.

Family sources said that the daughter-in-law accidentally put pesticide in the tea, instead of sugar, which led to the tragedy.

The police have reached the spot and initiated investigations.

(Except for the headline, Indiatvnews.com has not edited the copy)

Also Read | Months after first bath in over 50 years, 'World's dirtiest man' dies in Iran

Advertisement

Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from India