The Bhagavad Gita is the most sacred, important Hindu script that influences numerous people, and Gita Jayanti is the birthday of Bhagavad Gita. November 30 marks the sacred day of Gita Jayanti, which is celebrated by Lord Krishna followers across the world. This day falls on Shukla Ekadashi of the Margashirsha month. According to the English calendar, this festival occurs during November or December. It is that sacred day when Lord Krishna gave the immortal message to Arjuna in Kurukshetra.
On the sacred day of Gita Jayanti 2017, here are top 10 important life lessons that we can learn from Bhagavad Gita.
1. We came to this world empty handed. We have made everything over here, be it relations, money, love or respect. We cannot take anything with us when we die. Everything would be left over here.
2. World is perishable and whoever comes to this world surely has to go one day. Soul can never be destroyed. Always remember you are a soul not a body. Death is just the passing of the soul from the material world to the spirit realm.
3. A truth can never be destroyed. One should not be afraid of doing good.
4. Whatever happened was good, whatever is happening is good and what all will happen in the future will be good.
5. Work is of utmost importance and one must work with dedication without always worrying about results.
6. It talks a lot about meditation. Meditation is considered extremely helpful for inner peace and 'sadhna'.
7. Things may not be the same, the way they used to be. Things and circumstances change. We should neither expect people, nor surroundings, not even society to be same. They all change with time.
8. Desires come and go, but you should remain a dispassionate witness, simply watching and enjoying the show. Desires should not bother a person.
9. It tells us that God is always with us and around us no matter what we are doing.
10. Ill feelings towards other living beings is the cause of man's inner destruction. It must be avoided.
For more lifestyle news and updates, follow our Facebook page