PUTRAJAYA, Malaysia (AP) — Families of people aboard Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 that disappeared four years ago have presented five pieces of possible plane debris to the government and asked it to resume the search for the missing jet.
The jet vanished with 239 people aboard while flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on March 8, 2014. So far only fragments have washed ashore, and two massive ocean searches have been called off.
Grace Nathan, whose mother was on the flight, says the new debris was found by fishermen in Madagascar as part of a privately funded search. She says one of the pieces is believed to be a floor panel and urged the government to continue the hunt for the plane.