Modi was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Kamla Beniwal at a public ceremony marked by the presence of a galaxy of top BJP leaders and allies as also conspicuous absence of any representative of key alliance partner JD(U) and Opposition Congress.
Modi, who became Chief Minister for the first time in 2001 and again in 2002 and 2007, was sworn in along with seven ministers of Cabinet rank and nine Ministers of State.
Nitin Patel, Anandi Patel, Raman Vora, Bhupendrasinh Chudasama, Saurabh Patel, Ganpat Vasawa, Babhbhai Bokhiariya took oath as Cabinet ministers, while Purshottam Solanki, Parbat Patel, Vasuben Trivedi, Pradeepsinh Jadeja, Liladhar Vaghela, Rajnikant Patel, Govind Patel, Nanubhai Vanani and Jayanti Kavadiya were sworn in as Ministers of State.
From Our Network
- Rajya Sabha Chairman accepts Vijay Mallya's fresh resignation
- Delhi University refusing Modi records as he never graduated from it: Arvind Kejriwal
- Kerala polls: Can Sreesanth create history by becoming the first BJP MLA in the state?
- Shiv Sena's alliance with BJP for Hindutva, not power: Uddhav Thackeray
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Aamir Khan’s young fan suffering from rare genetic disorder passes away at 15
- Is Anushka Sharma’s ‘Sultan’ teaser COPIED from this short film?
- "Amitabh Bachchan apologised to me on behalf of Jaya Bachchan," says Amar Singh
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle