Modi was administered the oath of office and secrecy by Governor Kamla Beniwal at a public ceremony marked by the presence of a galaxy of top BJP leaders and allies as also conspicuous absence of any representative of key alliance partner JD(U) and Opposition Congress.
Modi, who became Chief Minister for the first time in 2001 and again in 2002 and 2007, was sworn in along with seven ministers of Cabinet rank and nine Ministers of State.
Nitin Patel, Anandi Patel, Raman Vora, Bhupendrasinh Chudasama, Saurabh Patel, Ganpat Vasawa, Babhbhai Bokhiariya took oath as Cabinet ministers, while Purshottam Solanki, Parbat Patel, Vasuben Trivedi, Pradeepsinh Jadeja, Liladhar Vaghela, Rajnikant Patel, Govind Patel, Nanubhai Vanani and Jayanti Kavadiya were sworn in as Ministers of State.
From Our Network
- Narendra Modi, Ranbir Kapoor, Gandhi family controversy: 10 things Rishi Kapoor said in ‘Aap Ki Adalat’
- Tulsidasji, pranaam – writes ‘prodigal’ science topper Ruby Rai during re-test
- UP: Man gets bobbitised by 17-year-old Dalit girl during rape attempt
- India's NSG entry may take time, but will happen for sure: MEA
- After Deepika Padukone, Ranveer Singh gives a perfect reply to their ‘rumoured’ break-up