According to the sources, Gandhi also met the parents of the minor girl and inquired about her condition from the medical team.
The girl was abducted April 15 and kept hostage for two days without food and water in a room in which her attacker lived, on the ground floor of the building in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar.
The girl, who was repeatedly raped, was rescued when members of her family heard her screams Wednesday, police said.The accused was arrested from his village in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district.
The girl was admitted to Swami Dayanand Hospital in east Delhi and later shifted to AIIMS Friday evening.
At present her general condition is stable, said AIIMS officials.
From Our Network
- What makes Chabahar port a ‘strategic asset’ for India against both China and Pakistan?
- Rishi Kapoor gives epic reply to Congress supporters who named a Sulabh toilet after him
- Successful, suicidal and the boyfriend connection: What actresses’ death reveal about the glamour world
- 'Kim Yo-jong ka Swayamvayar': North Korean dictator turns matchmaker for his sister
- US lawmakers approve bill to accord NATO ally status to India