According to the sources, Gandhi also met the parents of the minor girl and inquired about her condition from the medical team.
The girl was abducted April 15 and kept hostage for two days without food and water in a room in which her attacker lived, on the ground floor of the building in east Delhi's Gandhi Nagar.
The girl, who was repeatedly raped, was rescued when members of her family heard her screams Wednesday, police said.The accused was arrested from his village in Bihar's Muzaffarpur district.
The girl was admitted to Swami Dayanand Hospital in east Delhi and later shifted to AIIMS Friday evening.
At present her general condition is stable, said AIIMS officials.
From Our Network
- Beijing sinking by up to 11cm annually, warns a satellite study
- Oh No! Shraddha Kapoor gets injured during 'Half Girlfriend' shooting
- India needs Rs 100 lakh cr for infrastructure: Arun Jaitley
- Hot climate is responsible for higher rates of aggression and violence, shows study
- Amancio Ortega, world’s second richest person, lost over Rs 4073 crore over Brexit