Active subscribers whose electronic challan-cum-return is already uploaded, can download their e-Passbook every month under the service launched by the EPFO's Central Provident Fund Commissioner R C Mishra today.
The facility shall be available on www.epfindia.gov.in. Holders of inoperative accounts (accounts where there is no contribution in the preceding 36 months), however, cannot access this facility.
Also, the online downloading of PF account statement is not available as of now for members of PF trusts which are set up employers to manage their employees' retirement benefit.
A senior EPFO official told that the exempted PF trusts, which are regulated by the body, would also be asked to provide this service to their members.
For members who are not active (left service) and have not settled their accounts, a e-passbook is available on special requests.
Members of Employees' Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) can register themselves on portal by using his or her photo identification number, such as PAN, Aadhaar,
National Population Registry, driving licence, passport, voter ID, ration card. They can use their mobile phone numbers as passwords.
Members can add multiple ID (identification) numbers after registration and can use any one for logging into their accounts.
Once registered, a member can download the passbook by entering his or her account number. If available, the passbook will appear for download.
The e-Passbook shall contain transaction-wise details of account (all credits and debits) since the month for which the details for the establishment have been processed in new application software at the field offices.
Under the e-Passbook service, only one registration will be allowed against one mobile number, and a member can download the passbook for only one account number under one establishment.
From Our Network
- US asks Pakistan to make full payment for F-16 jets, no subsidy
- ISIS executes 250 women for refusing to be sex slaves: Report
- NIT students demand permanent deployment of CRPF in campus
- Not angry at India or China, but at incompetent US leaders: Donald Trump
- Rejected Nobel Peace Prize, says Sri Sri as he targets Malala Yousafzai
- 12 amazing facts about Apple's new 'spaceship' campus
- Watch Video: Lalu Yadav’s son Tej Pratap tries hands in acting, becomes CM
- See: Salman Khan shares adorable picture of ‘Nanha Ahil’ with ‘Salma Nani’
- She does it again! Deepika Padukone walks out of movie opposite Salman Khan
- 11 important facts you should know about Ravana