Los Angeles, Dec 14: “Five Easy Pieces” producer Bert Schneider, credited for inspiring a “New Hollywood” band of independent filmmakers, has died in Los Angeles at 78.
Daughter Audrey Simon tells the Los Angeles Times that Schneider died on Monday of natural causes.
Schneider produced 11 movies from 1969 to 1981, including “Easy Rider,” “Five Easy Pieces” and “The Last Picture Show.” Those movies about rootlessness and discontent became symbols of a new era that helped filmmakers break out of the studio system.
Schneider also produced the Oscar-winning 1974 anti-Vietnam War documentary “Hearts and Minds.”
Schneider created the Monkees pop band with producer-director Bob Rafelson.
From Our Network
- Indian Railways successfully conducts trial run for high-speed Spanish Talgo coaches
- Mika Singh clears air on visiting ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ despite Kapil-Krushna’s cold war
- Kanpur shocker: Bankrupt man puts wife at stake in IPL bet, loses her
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- Puducherry violence: Things won’t be easy for new CM Narayansamy