Heavy rain lashed several parts of Delhi-NCR on Thursday morning. The incessant rains have caused massive waterlogging across the national capital. According to Indian Meteorological Department, thunderstorms with light to moderate rain would continue to occur over many places of entire Delhi. Meanwhile, IMD has predicted heavy downpour across the region till August 25.
- Widespread light to moderate rainfall with isolated heavy rains likely over Uttara Kannada, Udupi districts, and light to moderate rains likely over Dakshina Kannada district. Scattered light to moderate rains likely over Shivamogga Kodagu, Hassan, and Chikkamagaluru districts. Widespread light to moderate rains likely over Bidar and Kalburgi districts.
- Red Warning issued as heavy to very heavy rainfall at a few places with isolated extremely heavy rainfall very likely to occur over the districts of Koraput, Nawarangpur, Malkangiri, Sundargarh and Deogarh.
- Addressing the problem of waterlogging in Delhi, Urban Affairs Minister Hardeep Singh Puri said, "Delhi received 80% of the season's rainfall in 11 days. I urge all our partners-Delhi government, urban local bodies, and others to learn from experiences year after year. I'm confident we can solve problems of the common man."
- Police vacated a four-storey building in Gurugram's Sector-46 after it bent on one side, following heavy downpour in the region.
- Severe water-logging at Delhi-Jaipur Expressway in Gurugram after heavy rains in the area.
- A portion of road caves in near Gurugram's IFFCO Chowk, following heavy rainfall in the region.
- Heavy traffic congestion at Sarita Vihar in Delhi as the city continues to receive rainfall.
- "Thunderstorm with light to moderate rain would continue to occur over many places of entire Delhi, IGI Airport, Dadri, Ghaziabad, Noida, Greater-Noida, Ballabgarh, Faridabad, Gurugram, Manesar, Sohna, Modinagar, Pilakhua, Bulandshahar, Sikandarabad," said IMD.
- "Meerut, Siyana, Kharkhoda, Palwal, Hodal, Nuh, Jhajjar, Hapur, Farrukh Nagar, Kahrkhoda, Bahadurgarh during the next 2 hours. Light to moderate rain occurs over Rewari, Kosli, Bhiwadi, Bawal, Matanhail, Charki-Dadri, Barsana and Deeg during the next 2 hours," it added.
National Capital witnesses severe waterlogging
- Several parts of Delhi witnessed severe waterlogging as the city continues to receive heavy downpour. Waterlogging has been reported at Burfkhana Chowk and MB Road at Pul Pehlad Pur (both carriageway) due to which traffic will remain affected.
Streets of Noida waterlogged following incessant rain
- The situation in Noida is not different. In the wee hours of Thursday, the residents witnessed waterlogged streets across the region. Places like Gautam Buddha Nagar, Sector 39 and sector 29 among others witnessed flooded roads.
- Meanwhile, the Delhi traffic Police has also issued a warning that traffic will remain affected due to heavy waterlogging Burfkhana Chowk and MB Road at Pul Pehlad.
- "Water logging reported at Burfkhana Chowk and MB Road at Pul Pehlad Pur (both carriageway); traffic will remain affected," Delhi Traffic Police said.