Coromandel Express derails: Several bogies of Coromandel Express Train derailed near Bahanaga railway station in Balasore district on Friday (June 2). Several teams of railways and NDRF rushed to the spot to carry out relief operations. Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik directed his Cabinet colleague Pramila Mallik and Special Relief Commissioner to reach the accident site immediately.
The authority issued an emergency number for the control room in Balasore- 06782262286
Here is the list of cancelled trains on the affected route
DRM Kharagpur tweeted helpline numbers:
Train no 12841 UP Coromandal Express and Train no 12864 DN has been derailed near Bahanaga bazaar, said DRM Kharagpur in a tweet.
Helpdesk opened at SHM, HWH, KGP & BLS.
- HWH - 03326382217
- KGP- 8972073925, 9332392339
- BLS - 8249591559, 7978418322
- SHM - 9903370746
Helpline numbers set up by SCR:
- 1. SCR Hqrs, Rail Nilayam, Secunderabad: 040 - 27788516
- 2. Vijayawada Rly Station 0866 - 2576924
- 3. Rajahmundry Rly Stn: 0883 - 2420541
- 4. Renigunta Railway Stn: 9949198414.
5. Tirupati Railway Stn: 7815915571
"At around 7pm, 10-12 coaches of the Shalimar-Chennai Coromandel Express derailed near Baleswar and fell on the opposite track. After some time, another train from Yeswanthpur to Howrah dashed into those derailed coaches resulting in the derailment of its 3-4 coaches," said Railway Spokesperson Amitabh Sharma.
Other helpline numbers-
- Howrah Helpline Number : 033-26382217
- Kharagpur Helpline Number: 8972073925 & 9332392339
- Balasore Helpline Number: 8249591559 & 7978418322
- Shalimar Helpline Number: 9903370746
Bhadrak helpline number in connection with derailment: 7894099570 and 9337116973