The Ministry of Home Affairs has released a notice, granting permission to conduct various board examinations during the lockdown. Though all schools and colleges are to remain closed, the notice released by MHA permits CBSE, ICSE and other State Boards, whose exams were disrupted or are pending to begin the exams. MHA, however, have released several guidelines for conducting the board exams.
"Taking into consideration the academic interest of large number of students, it has been decided to grant exemption from the lockdown measures to conduct Board Examination for Class 10th and 12th," the notice said.
However the exemption to conduct Board Examination 2020 will be subject to the following condition:
- In the containment zones, no examination centre will be permitted.
- Wearing face masks by teachers, staff and students will be mandatory.
- There shall be provision of thermal screening and senitizer at the centres and social distancing in all the examination centres.
- In a view of examination to be conducted by different Boards, theri examination schedules should be staggered.
- Special buses may be arranged by the state and UTs for transportation of the students to the examination centres.
Taking into consideration the academic interest of large number of students, it has been decided to grant exemption from the lockdown measures to conduct Board examination for classes 10th & 12th, with few conditions like social distancing, face mask etc, for their safety. pic.twitter.com/P4ULsmbPVv— Amit Shah (@AmitShah) May 20, 2020