In a significant development in the murder case of seven-year-old Pradyuman Thakur, who was hacked to death in the washroom of Gurugram-based Ryan International School, a video has emerged which shows the initial investigation by the police, immediately after the brutal murder on September 8.
The video, purportedly shot by a social worker present there, shows school principal Neerja Batra and another teacher Anju Dudeja answering to police’s questions immediately after Pradyuman’s murder.
- Ryan International School murder: 5 questions that remain unanswered 4 days after killing
- Ryan School student killing: Who killed Pradyuman? Hundred hours, thousand questions unanswered
- Ryan School murder: Post-mortem report reveals Pradyuman was not sexually assaulted, two cut marks found on his neck
- Ryan School murder case LIVE: Bombay HC adjourns anticipatory bail pleas of trustees till Sept 14
- Ryan student murder: Bombay HC adjourns hearing on bail plea of school trustees till Thursday
In the video, the teacher and the principal can be seen giving account of the incident on the day when Pradyuman’s body was found in the school’s toilet.
Pradhyuman was found with his throat slit inside the school's washroom within an hour after his father dropped him off last Friday morning.
The case has snowballed into a major national issue concerning safety and security of children in private schools, with vociferous protests by parents and activists outside the Ryan schools in several states including Mumbai and Navi Mumbai.