Mumbai, Feb 18: Deepika Padukone will play Shah Rukh Khan's co-passenger in Rohit Shetty directed Chennai Express, says a Mumbai Mirror report.
The collaboration of Shah Rukh Khan and Rohit Shetty has made Chennai Express one of the 'hottest' films to watch out for.
After a short period of indecision regarding the casting of either Katrina Kaif or Kareena Kapoor as the leading lady in the film, SRK's RA.One heroine and Rohit's favourite Kareena emerged victorious.
In fact, the actress had even said in an interview, “Rohit and I are finalising the script and other details. Rohit is like family, and I am seriously looking forward to working with him again.”
However, her enthusiasm regarding the project has been rather short-lived.
Deepika Padukone has been asked to come on board Chennai Express.
A friend of Kareena, confirmed that the actress is no longer a part of the film and added, “Kareena has already informed Rohit Shetty that she wouldn't be able to work in Chennai Express. SRK is aware of it as well.”
As for Deepika's inclusion in the Rohit Shetty film, a source close to the project said, “Deepika has given her nod of consent. The official signing should happen soon.”
From Our Network
- Modi to address rally in Saharanpur, BJP plans mega celebrations
- Not Anushka Sharma but this Bollywood actress was Virat Kohli’s first love interest!
- ‘Queen’ of ‘Lies’? Not only age, Kangana Ranaut lied about getting Rs 11 crore for Rangoon too?
- Aishwarya has something to say about her and Salman’s romantic film ‘Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam’
- A.R. Rahman to Arjit Singh: Salman Khan’s bad blood with musicians is not new. Here’s proof