Friday, April 26, 2024
Advertisement
  1. You Are At:
  2. News
  3. Sports
  4. Cricket
  5. Flintoff out of retirement, playing in English T20

Flintoff out of retirement, playing in English T20

Manchester, England: Former England captain Andrew Flintoff has come out of retirement to play for Lancashire in the domestic T20 Blast competition.   The 36-year-old allrounder, who played 79 tests and 141 one-day internationals for England,

India TV News Desk India TV News Desk Updated on: May 30, 2014 14:53 IST
flintoff out of retirement playing in english t20
flintoff out of retirement playing in english t20

Manchester, England: Former England captain Andrew Flintoff has come out of retirement to play for Lancashire in the domestic T20 Blast competition.

The 36-year-old allrounder, who played 79 tests and 141 one-day internationals for England, retired in 2010 after a string of injuries but has been training with Lancashire, his old club, in recent months.

Flintoff tells the BBC "when I'm bowling it still hurts a bit, but I'm loving running into bowl and if I can take that into a game I might be quite dangerous."

Flintoff was a star of the England team that won the Ashes in 2005. He was captain when England was whitewashed in Australia in the 2006-07 series but was a member of the side that regained the urn in 2009.
Advertisement

Read all the Breaking News Live on indiatvnews.com and Get Latest English News & Updates from Sports and Cricket Section