Lucknow, Jun 24 : The relatives of Deputy CMO Dr Y S Sachan found dead in the Lucknow Jail Hospital Toilet have categorically said that suicide was out of the question and that he was brutally murdered and then hanged to death in a shoddy manner to show that it was a case of suicide.
It has also now come to light that the missing Jailor J P Shrivastav has gone on leave without taking permission from his seniors.
The dead doc's widow Malti Sachan, in a letter to the DIG Prisons, has said that her husband was to reveal names of several higher-ups in the scam on June 23, the day he was to be produced in court, and the murder has been committed to shield the higher-up culprits. She has demanded that a case of murder be registered in this connection.
Following are the questions being raised to debunk the suicide theory:
1. Y S Sachan was a doctor, he could have known better where to cut his blood vessel to end his life. There was no need to inflict nine wounds on his body himself.
2. It is clear from post-mortem report that he died due to heavy bleeding . The question is how Sachan could have hanged himself with a belt after inflicting so many wounds? It is still unclear whether he first hanged himself and then inflicted wounds or was it the other way round?
3. Another question: After inflicting a first deep cut how could he have inflicted deep cuts on other parts of his body himself . There are 2 cuts which are more than 3 inch deep which damaged 2 major blood supply vessels, says the post mortem report .
4. Another question: how could a sharp edged weapon , be it blade or anything made its entry inside its jail though he was barred from having a shavng kit ?
5. How could a belt make its way inside the jail ?
6. If Sachan was admitted to the jail hospital which is on the ground floor then how is it that he reached the unused first floor toilet ?
7. If his death occured between 11 am and 12 noon as the postmortem report suggests, then how was it that nobody in the jail hospital could locate him?