1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. India
  4. Fire breaks out at TMC MLA Madan Mitra's residence in Kolkata

Fire breaks out at TMC MLA Madan Mitra's residence in Kolkata

Fire broke out at TMC MLA Madan Mitra's residence in the Bhabanipur area in south Kolkata on Tuesday morning.

PTI PTI
Kolkata Published on: June 08, 2021 12:41 IST
madan mitra
Image Source : PTI

Fire broke out at TMC MLA Madan Mitra's residence in the Bhabanipur area in south Kolkata on Tuesday morning.

Fire broke out at TMC MLA Madan Mitra's residence in the Bhabanipur area in south Kolkata on Tuesday morning, officials said. Three fire tenders brought the blaze under control at the century-old building, they said. No one was injured in the incident, they added.

Mitra along with his family members rushed out of the house as soon as the fire was spotted in a room on the ground floor. A visibly shaken Mitra was seen sitting outside the house.

Presumably, the fire started from a short circuit, said a fire services official. "Though we don't know exactly, as of now a purifier is

suspected to be the cause of the short circuit. An investigation will be done," the official said.

Also Read: Why govt used COVID-19 data as 'propaganda tool' rather than to stop virus, asks Priyanka Gandhi

Latest India News

Write a comment