1. You Are At:
  2. English News
  3. India News
  4. Noida sub-inspector enters house on fire, comes out with LPG cylinders to prevent further damage

Noida sub-inspector enters house on fire, comes out with LPG cylinders to prevent further damage

The police team and the locals managed to douse the flames in some time after ensuring the safe removal of the cylinders.

India TV News Desk India TV News Desk
New Delhi Updated on: May 04, 2019 9:30 IST
Representative News Image
Image Source : AP / REPRESENTATIONAL

Noida sub-inspector enters house on fire

In a courageous act, a sub-inspector in Uttar Pradesh entered a house on fire to bring out LPG cylinders to prevent further damage. SI Akhilesh Kumar Dixit covered his body with a blanket and went across flames to ensure the safety of those concerned.

Fire had engulfed a house in Bilaspurpur area of Greater Noida’s Alamkhani Friday afternoon following which a call was made to the firefighters and police.

Upon receiving the information, officials from the local police post led by SI Akhilesh Kumar Dixit rushed to the spot.

The house, belonging to Geeta and Phool Singh, witnessed a great crowd due to the mishap.

Also Read | Maharashtra: Fire engulfs building in Thane, efforts to douse flames on

Commenting on the incident, SHO Dankaur, Samresh Singh said, “Around 3.15 pm the police reached the spot and a crowd was gathered outside the house belonging to Geeta and Phool Singh. Somebody informed the officials that two LPG cylinders with full gas were kept inside the house.”

"After giving a thought to the situation, SI Akhilesh Kumar Dixit quickly arranged a blanket from a neighbouring house. He then covered his body with the blanket and barged into the house and came back with the cylinders, preventing any bigger damage," he said.

The police team and the locals managed to douse the flames in some time after ensuring the safe removal of the cylinders.

No person was injured in the mishap, Singh said.

Commenting on the probe, the SHO said prima facie it appears that the fire was sparked by a short circuit.

The actual cause will, however, will only be confirmed after an investigation, he said.

Write a comment