Of the top 10 richest candidates in the ongoing Lok Sabha elections, six are from the Congress, according to the National Election Watch (NEW) and the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR). Congress and YSR Congress dominate the richest candidate list. Hema Malini, who is seeking re-election from Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, is the richest candidate from the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) with assets worth over Rs 250 crore but has missed the top 10 list.
Here's the list of Top 10 richest candidates of Lok Sabha Election 2019
- Ramesh Kumar Sharma, an Independent candidate from Patliputra in Bihar, is in pole position with declared assets worth over Rs 1,107 crore
- Konda Vishweshwar Reddy, the Congress candidate from Chevella in Telangana has assets worth Rs 895 crore.
- Nakul Nath, the Congress nominee from Chhindwara in Madhya Pradesh, is the third richest in the fray with assets worth Rs 660 crore,
- H. Vasanthakumar (Congress) is at the fourth spot and is contesting from Kanyakumari in Tamil Nadu with assets of over Rs 417 crore
- Jyotiraditya Scindia (Congress) has assets worth over Rs 374 crore. Scindia is seeking re-election from Guna in Madhya Pradesh
- Potluri Vara Prasad of YSR Congress Party (YSRCP) from Vijayawada in Andhra Pradesh is in the sixth position with assets worth over Rs 347 crore.
- Uday Singh (Congress), contesting from Purnia in Bihar is at the seventh spot with assets worth Rs 341 crore.
- D.K. Suresh, contesting from Bangalore Rural in Karnataka is eigth in the list with assets worth Rs 338 crore.
- K. Raghu Rama Krishna Raju, the YSRCP candidate from Narsapuram in Andhra Pradesh, is placed ninth with assets worth over Rs 325 crore,
- Jayadev Galla (Telugu Desam Party), who is contesting from Guntur in Andhra Pradesh, is the 10th richest candidate in fray with assets worth over Rs 305 crore.