New Delhi: Software giant Microsoft India today announced the launch of Surface Pro 4, a slim and light Windows 10-based tablet-cum-laptop with pixel sense technology.
"Surface Pro 4 is designed to reinvent personal computing. It is a highly prolific and versatile device that will push the limits of performance and productivity in the most elegant way," Bhaskar Pramanik, chairman of Microsoft India, said at the launch.
Here are 10 things you need to know about the device:
* The Surface Pro 4 tablet can transform into a full-fledged laptop within seconds with the addition of a type cover. Available in black and blue colours, the type covers takes Surface Pro 4 from tablet to laptop in an instant and features a redesigned mechanical keyboard with optimal key spacing for fast, fluid and quieter typing. It has to be purchased separately for Rs.12,490.
* Surface Pro 4 is designed to run full Microsoft Office (sold separately) and bring the best of Windows 10 to life, including Windows Hello, Surface Pen, Microsoft Edge and Cortana.
* The 8.4 mm thin and 786 grams weighed device has an A4 sheet-size 12.3-inch PixelSense display and is loaded with Windows 10 Pro. The display features 267 pixels per inch and 1300:1 contrast ratio, supports 100 percent sRGB colour, and has 5 million pixels
* The different variants of Surface Pro 4 are powered by the 6th generation Intel Core m, Core i5 and Core i7 processors, enabling everyone from students, professionals to creators to do more on the go.
* Unlike its predecessor Surface Pro 3, the redesigned Surface Pen that packs 1,024 levels of pressure sensitivity is included in the box. It can be purchased separately for Rs.5,990. The Surface pen lets a user write, draw and mark documents with precision ink on one end and an eraser on the other. One click and it opens a blank OneNote document while a click and hold activates the personal digital assistant Cortana.
* The device comes with a high-definition 5-megapixel front-facing camera and an 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera.
* A fully-charged Surface Pro 4 gives up to nine hours of uninterrupted work.
* Following a unique 'Omni-Channel' strategy, Microsoft is selling the Surface Pro 4 through e-commerce website Amazon.in. It has also tied up with HCL for authorised distribution of the device.
* The pre-booking of Surface Pro 4 began on Thursday via Amazon.in and the delivery of the device will begin from January 14.
* The basic model of Surface Pro 4 in consumer channel category with i5 processor, 4GB RAM and 128GB SSD is available for Rs.89,990.
The i5 processor, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD Surface Pro 4 variant is available for Rs.1,20,990 and i7 processor, 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD device at Rs.1,44,990.
Surface Pro 3 with i3 processor, 4GB RAM and 128GB solid-state drive (SSD) is available for Rs.73,990.
(With IANS inputs)