Djokovic moved into his 10th final of the year by beating fourth—seeded Tomas Berdych 6—3, 6—4 in the earlier semifinal.
Murray broke Federer in the fifth game of the first set but then wasted seven break points in the first game of the second, as the top—ranked Swiss managed to hold serve before a brief rain delay interrupted the match.
But Federer couldn't stave off Murray as he again broke to go up 3—2, but the U.S. Open champion had to endure one more rain delay before serving out the match.
From Our Network
- Fans went into frenzy as Priyanka Chopra lands on ‘desh ki dharti’ after 10 months
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Rahul Dravid will do an incredible job as Team India's head coach: Shane Watson
- When Salman Khan revealed why he was crazy about Aishwarya Rai!
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership