Djokovic moved into his 10th final of the year by beating fourth—seeded Tomas Berdych 6—3, 6—4 in the earlier semifinal.
Murray broke Federer in the fifth game of the first set but then wasted seven break points in the first game of the second, as the top—ranked Swiss managed to hold serve before a brief rain delay interrupted the match.
But Federer couldn't stave off Murray as he again broke to go up 3—2, but the U.S. Open champion had to endure one more rain delay before serving out the match.
From Our Network
- China's most powerful new generation space rocket launches successfully
- NSG standoff: Clouds of mistrust hovering over India-China relations
- Failed at NSG, India set to become MTCR member
- Emergency darkest moment for India's democracy: PM Modi in 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Oh No! Shraddha Kapoor gets injured during 'Half Girlfriend' shooting