Djokovic moved into his 10th final of the year by beating fourth—seeded Tomas Berdych 6—3, 6—4 in the earlier semifinal.
Murray broke Federer in the fifth game of the first set but then wasted seven break points in the first game of the second, as the top—ranked Swiss managed to hold serve before a brief rain delay interrupted the match.
But Federer couldn't stave off Murray as he again broke to go up 3—2, but the U.S. Open champion had to endure one more rain delay before serving out the match.
From Our Network
- IPL 2016: Major setback for KXIP as Shaun Marsh ruled out due to injury
- Leicester City wins EPL title for first time in 132-year history
- Pak all-rounder Abdul Razzaq blames former coach Waqar for team’s downfall
- Spectators sing the birthday tune for Virat Kohli in Mohali
- IPL 2016: KKR take on Pune, eye third consecutive win
- AgustaWestland scam: How did Swamy get 'sensitive' documents, asks Congress
- IPL: 8 hottest female anchors
- See Pics: AbRam playing with father Shah Rukh amidst match is too cute to handle
- Donald Trump takes the reins of divided Republican Party
- KRK has something to say about Karan Singh Grover’s third marriage with Bipasha Basu