Ponting told reporters here that the match starting Friday would be his 168th and last.
"It struck me only a few weeks ago that my preparation was good as it'd been. But my performance hadn't been good enough for the team. I'm very comfortable with the decision I've made. Timing-wise it's the right time, at the end of a series. There's not much more I can give," said Ponting.
From Our Network
- Laughing Buddha: Which one to use and where to place?
- Govt appoints former Delhi top cop BS Bassi as UPSC member, AAP cries foul
- Yeh hai Mohabbatein: Raman-Ishita love making photos leaked (view pics
- When Khans don’t why does Akshay Kumar act in slapstick comedy like ‘Housefull 3’? The Khiladi answers
- Know who said what on Tanmay Bhat’s controversial video mocking Tendulkar & Lataji