In a country like India, it becomes even more difficult for a female politician as caste, creed and religion play decisive role in Indian politics.
It's true that most of the successful women politicians in this country owe their success to their family's political background; nevertheless, nobody can deny them the credit for putting in hard work and displaying requisite acumen for not only surviving but carving a separate niche for themselves.
Modern India has witnessed emergence of many such female politicians. Let's have a look at 10 such outstanding female politicians of India who have broken the tradition myths and proved that a female can be as good a politician as a male.
From Our Network
- 'Airstrikes on Pak': Jammu Kashmir BJP asks centre to call off talks with Pakistan
- Liver transported through green corridor travels 210 km in 3.36 hours, saves life
- Former Home Secretary GK Pillai knew of changes in Ishrat affidavit, says one-man inquiry panel
- NSG row: Indians are self-centered and low on morals, says Chinese state media
- ‘Just wanted to pass, Papa ne to top hi kara diya’, says arrested Bihar 'topper' Ruby Rai