The list features names of Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot who will fight from his usual constituency of Saradarpura in Jodhpur. Krishna Poonia, the discus throw player and Arjun Award winner who joined the Congress few days back, will be the party's candidate from Sadulpur, the source told IANS.
The list also features names of senior Congress leader B.D. Kalla from Bikaner west, and some of the present ministers in Gehlot government. Jitendra Singh will contest from Khetri, Brijendra Ola from Jhunjhunu, Rajendsra Singh Guda from Udaipur Vati, Rajendra Pareek from Sikar and Assembly Speaker Deependra Singh Shekhawat from Sri Madhopur.
A.A. Khan, health minister in the Gehlot government, is party's candidate from Tijara, Urban Development and Housing Department Minister Shanti Dhariwal from Kota east, PWD Minister Bharat Singh Kundanpur from Sangod and Education Minister B.K. Sharma from Hawa Mahal constituency in Jaipur, the source said.
The party has also repeated its candidates like Pratap Singh Kachriawas from Civil Lines in Jaipur, Narain Singh from Dataramgarh, Raghu Sharama from Kekri, Mewaram Jain from Barmer, Col. Sonaram from Baytu among others.
From Our Network
- After photoshop fiasco, TMC in soup as BJP, Left threatens legal action
- If US, Iran can end hostilities, why not India, Pak: Mehbooba Mufti
- Uttarakhand crisis: Nainital HC allows Speaker’s counsel to argue today in disqualification case
- BJP manipulated EVMs in Gujarat civic polls, says Congress
- Know Raghubar Das, the first non-tribal Chief Minister of Jharkhand
- Why doesn’t farmers’ suicide trouble you as much as Pratyusha’s, asks Nana Patekar
- 'Find Your Beautiful': Radhika Apte explains real meaning of beauty
- Actor Harshvardhan Rane finds it challenging to romance three heroines in 'Maaya'
- Shah Rukh Khan is really impressed with his 'Raees' co-stars
- Kapil Sharma returns tonight: 5 reasons that make the first episode special