Charkhari (UP), Feb 21: Downplaying speculation of BJP losing out on majority of seats in Uttar Pradesh, actor and party leader Shatrughan Sinha today claimed the party would perform better in the Assembly polls.
“Notwithstanding the speculations that SP and BSP would corner majority of the seats in UP, ground reality is that people are not liking them due to their poor track record on corruption and promoting crime in the state,” Sinha told PTI.
He was in Charkhari in Mahoba district of UP from where BJP's Uma Bharti is contesting.
Sinha, popularly known as ‘Shotgun', said despite tall promises made by SP and BSP, people were not impressed considering their “dismal record”.
Besides, “spate of corruption cases surfacing in the UPA government at the Centre has tarnished image of Congress”, he said.
“The anti-graft campaign of Anna Hazare has further dealt a blow to the Congress' image,” he said.
The BJP leader claimed his party would “emerge as the best among all contenting parties” in the country's most populous state.
From Our Network
- Parliament Ethics Committee recommends immediate expulsion of Vijay Mallya
- Major change in ‘Pak policy’? Govt says no problem in Hurriyat talking to Islamabad
- Play active role for village development, use Centre’s resources: PM Modi
- Kuldeep Bishnoi confirms HJC’s merger with Congress, formal announcement tomorrow
- GSPC defaulted Rs.19,700 crore bank loan under Modi: Congress
- Wahoo! Aamir Khan’s buys new bike containing metal of aircraft 'INS Vikrant'
- Here’s how Mrs. Bipasha Basu Singh Grover is flaunting her marital status
- 5 social evils in India that still prevail
- Bullet train fare 1.5 times higher than AC 1st Class
- Is this the actual reason behind Sushant Singh Rajput and Ankita Lokhande’s break-up?