The 225-201 vote fell along party lines, with five Republicans voting against the measure while no Democrats supported it, Xinhua reported.
Last Thursday, the House Rules Committee approved at 7-4 vote a resolution allowing the full House to vote on authorizing the lawsuit against Obama, accusing him of abusing executive authority.
From Our Network
- Meet Angoorlata Deka, the actress-turned-MLA from Assam
- Akshay Kumar talks on why Hollywood is difficult for actors than it is for actresses
- Rishi Kapoor gives epic reply to Congress supporters who named a Sulabh toilet after him
- Comedy Nights Bachao: Racist jokes on Lisa Haydon make Akshay Kumar angry
- Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt are shedding tears over the death of this popular character