Following is the timeline of Muzaffarnagar violence:
August 27: In Kawal village, an eve-teasing incident led to the murders of Shah Nawaz, and soon followed by killings of two youths, Sachin and Gaurav.
Aug 28: A mob returning from the cremation ground indulges in arson.
Aug 29: Stoning between both sides. Women devotees molested near a place of worship.
Aug 30 - Huge mob assembles at a place of worship in Shaheed Chowk after Friday prayers.
Aug 31 - Nearly 40,000 people assemble at Nangla Mandoud Panchayat. Mob attacs a family goig in a car on Khatima road, sets fire to their car.
Sept 1 - Police files FIRs against leaders who had spoken at meetings in Shahid Chowk and Nangla Mandoud. Affected family in Malikpura threatens self-immolation.
Sept 2 - Walls of places of worship broken in Sanjhak and Titavi. BJP calls Muzaffarnagar bandh.
Sept 3 - Case against MLA Sangeet Som for circulating fake video of Kawal incident. Violence in Shamli town.
Sept 4 - Sporadic violence in Muzaffarnagar.
Sept 5 - Mahabandh call given across Muzaffarnagar district.
Sept 6 - Bharatiya Kisan Union calls panchayat at Nangla Mandoud. Sit-in outside jail.
Sept 7 - People going to panchayat attacked. Firing from both sides in Muzaffarnagar town as stoning, arson go unabated. Army called in and town put under indefinite curfew. 10 killed, more than a score injured in violence.
From Our Network
- "Ek Nayi Subah": Criticism comes from people affected by curbing of corruption, says PM Modi
- Pakistan can target Delhi from Kahuta in five minutes, says father of Pakistan's nuclear programme
- As RCB gears up for high octane IPL final, Kohli says, it will be a close game
- Had 10 seconds to make the final call: Pilot of air ambulance which crash-landed in Delhi
- Elderly Christian woman stripped naked and paraded through streets by mob