"We just quit (singing and music) only because of the people of Kashmir... As Mufti sahib said it is unislamic. We did not know that they are unhappy with our music," one of the members of the band 'Pragaash' said.
She said the band decided to quit music after the fatwa was issued by the cleric. "We respect Mufti sahib who said it is 'haram'. We respect the opinion of people of Kashmir also," she added.
The girl said all the bands in Kashmir have decided to disband in solidarity with their band 'Pragaash'.
From Our Network
- PM Modi, Amit Shah ordered staged shootout in Ishrat Jahan case, says Congress
- Things on Sunny Leone’s bucket list- Swimming with sharks & going to ashrams
- Watch Video: Lalu Yadav’s son Tej Pratap tries hands in acting, becomes CM
- After Yogeshwar Dutt, now Milkha Singh upset over Salman's appointment as goodwill ambassador
- AAP founder member quits party, alleges Kejriwal indulges in community based politics