"We just quit (singing and music) only because of the people of Kashmir... As Mufti sahib said it is unislamic. We did not know that they are unhappy with our music," one of the members of the band 'Pragaash' said.
She said the band decided to quit music after the fatwa was issued by the cleric. "We respect Mufti sahib who said it is 'haram'. We respect the opinion of people of Kashmir also," she added.
The girl said all the bands in Kashmir have decided to disband in solidarity with their band 'Pragaash'.
From Our Network
- Start negotiations to ‘leave’ as soon as possible, EU chiefs tell Britain
- Brexit: Good news for Indian buyers, UK real estate may get cheaper
- AAP MLA Dinesh Mohaniya in trouble again, booked for 'slapping' a 60-year-old man
- After ‘dinner date’ pictures with Ankita Lokhande go viral, Kushal Tandon reveals other side of story
- All not well between uncle- nephew: Govinda chooses Kapil over Krushna