"We just quit (singing and music) only because of the people of Kashmir... As Mufti sahib said it is unislamic. We did not know that they are unhappy with our music," one of the members of the band 'Pragaash' said.
She said the band decided to quit music after the fatwa was issued by the cleric. "We respect Mufti sahib who said it is 'haram'. We respect the opinion of people of Kashmir also," she added.
The girl said all the bands in Kashmir have decided to disband in solidarity with their band 'Pragaash'.
From Our Network
- Tanmay Bhat’s ‘controversial’ video finally has a reaction from Lata Mangeshkar herself!
- 11 important facts you should know about Ravana
- 7 hottest avatars of Surveen Chawla, Hate Story 2 actress
- Gorilla killed after 4-yr-old falls into zoo enclosure
- What? Karan Patel cheated on Kamya Punjabi with Pratyusha Banerjee?