Hundreds of people including MPs, state legislators, leaders of political parties, students, lawyers, women and others were arrested in Hyderabad and other parts of Telangana.
Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) has called for a shutdown in Telangana Saturday to condemn the crackdown. TRS chief K. Chandrasekhara Rao demanded immediate release of all those arrested.
Traffic restrictions imposed in central Hyderabad were relaxed in the evening, providing some relief to the citizens.
From Our Network
- ‘#FailedModiDiplomacy’: Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at PM Modi over NSG membership bid
- Brexit fallout: Scotland mulls independence from UK, Londoners demand separate country
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Won’t Keep an Account of Our Bullets if Pak Fires First, says Rajnath on Pampore attack
- Delhi-NCR tops list of India's most funded startup cities