A bench headed by Chief Justice Altamas Kabir listed the matter for tomorrow after the advocate for accused Mukesh pleaded for an urgent hearing on the ground that free and fair hearing is not possible here because of strong public
sentiment against him.
Mukesh, who has been charged with murder, gangrape and unnatural offences, submitted in his petition that in view of regular agitation, police and judicial officials are allegedly under pressure to pass orders according to the demands of the agitators and fair hearing is not possible.
"The sentiment has gone into the root of each home in Delhi by which even the judicial officers and the state are not spared and in these circumstances, he cannot get justice in Delhi at all," the petition, filed through his advocate, said.
The case has been assigned to the fast track court where the day-to-day proceedings will begin from today.
The petition said that "due to media reports and agitations and due to political statements and personal interest shown by the chief minister as well as various cabinet ministers, judiciary is under pressure to work against the petitioner".
The accused has sought transfer of the case to Mathura in Uttar Pradesh.
From Our Network
- ‘A Wednesday’ stars Naseeruddin Shah, Anupam Kher train guns on each other over Kashmiri Pandits
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership
- “I take full responsibility of 'Brahmotsavam' failure,” says Mahesh Babu
- Puducherry violence: Things won’t be easy for new CM Narayansamy
- What? Rahat Fateh Ali Khan has replaced Arijit Singh for Salman Khan’s Sultan?