April 21, 1526: Mughal leader Zahiruddin Muhammad Babar, a descendant of Genghis Khan and Tamerlane, defeats Ibrahim Lodhi, the last sultan of the Lodhi dynasty at the First Battle of Panipat.
March 17, 1527: Babar defeats Rana Sangram Singh (Rana Sanga), the Rajput king of Chittorgarh at the Battle of Khanwa near Agra and solidifies his control over most of northern India.
From Our Network
- Candid Confession: When Abhishek shied away from taking Aradhya’s responsibility and said ‘bye’ to Ash
- Wait-listed in Rajdhani Express, get an Air India booking
- Telugu Cinema witnesses turmoil as fans of film stars abuse each other on Internet
- 90's vs Present: 7 life posters to compare both eras, #5 is a must watch!
- Pranab Mukherjee recalls Indian support to China's UN membership