April 21, 1526: Mughal leader Zahiruddin Muhammad Babar, a descendant of Genghis Khan and Tamerlane, defeats Ibrahim Lodhi, the last sultan of the Lodhi dynasty at the First Battle of Panipat.
March 17, 1527: Babar defeats Rana Sangram Singh (Rana Sanga), the Rajput king of Chittorgarh at the Battle of Khanwa near Agra and solidifies his control over most of northern India.
From Our Network
- 24-yr-old woman Infosys employee allegedly hacked to death at Chennai railway station
- Down but not defeated: Kapil Sharma’s show scores high in TRP report card
- Censor board clears Salman Khan’s ‘Sultan’ without any cuts
- A path forward for India to become NSG member by year end: US
- ‘Being Funny’ Salman Khan mocks Deepika, Priyanka for their Hollywood projects